Mostly Books Youth Ambassadors 2021
Applications are now CLOSED.
We are looking for children, teens and young adults to join our Mostly Books Youth Ambassador programme launching in March 2021. As a Youth Ambassador you will be responsible for reading a range of brilliant books, and putting your thoughts about them into a written review.
Your reviews will be used by Mostly Books in our marketing and social media, helping us to make customers aware of all the wonderful books that are out there and coming soon. In many instances you will be reading books before they have even hit the shelves – making you a VIB, (a Very Important Bookworm).
In return, Mostly Books can help you with education projects, community activities and career guidance. We will provide references for CVs, job, college / UCAS applications. We can also help you if you are part of a Rainbows / Brownies / Beavers / Scouts / Guides group and are undertaking a reading/writing badge.
Imogen and Lyndsey* will be running the Youth Ambassador programme and are keen to find young people who love reading and championing books and authors.
- We are seeking Ambassadors from the ages of 5-18 years.
- You will enjoy reading books on a range of different subjects and will be required to submit a short review of each book when you have finished it. (For little ones, this can be as little as a few sentences on your favourite parts, helped by an adult.)
- If you like writing, are interested in studying English or Journalism, or becoming a book blogger, we can help you write longer critiques and hone your writing skills.
How to apply
Please submit a written application to Imogen and Lyndsey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, post to us at Youth Ambassador Programme, Mostly Books, 36 Stert Street, Abingdon, OX14 3JP.
Adults may aid children with their applications and submit on behalf of young children and those without email addresses.
In your application please tell us:
- Your name, age and address. (We require your age so that we can match Ambassadors with the appropriate age reading material. We require your address in order to know where to send the books if you are unable to collect them from Mostly Books.)
- Your contact email or telephone number (so we can tell you when we have a new book to review)
- The contact details of a parent/guardian who will provide consent to your inclusion in the Youth Ambassador programme
- Your hobbies and interests
- What you like about books and reading
- Tell us a little bit about one of your favourite books
The application process will take 2 weeks to review, so don’t worry if you don’t hear from us straight away!
Applications close on Friday 26th February 2021.
For anyone living within a 5 mile radius of Abingdon, or able to collect their book from the shop, there are no costs involved. We can hand deliver your book or you can come and get it from us. If you live further afield in the UK, you can still become a Youth Ambassador, but there will be a £3.20 standard Royal Mail postage charge per book and you will need to obtain the bill payer’s permission. If you are in a low-income household please let us know this in your application and we can contact you privately to discuss how we can help with postage costs.
*Both Imogen and Lyndsey have valid DBS security checks. We are happy to liaise with parents as a first point of contact if this is a preferred style of communication, particularly for younger children who do not have access to emails, we would naturally expect this. All successful applicants under the age of 18 will require the written consent of a parent/guardian in order to participate in the programme.